Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sometimes things are just hard...



Swimming upstream, fighting the current, falling off the wagon, an uphill battle! I'm sure you can all relate... and for us female species, a day can go from fine to abominable in a matter of a few minutes! I'm going through this at the moment, but rather than drag you down with the details, I'm choosing to bolster myself again with the Word of God right here and now, so yáll can have the benefit of it too!
OK, hmm, what scriptures can I find to help me continue fighting the good fight?? Here we go:

Ephesians 6:10-11 Be strong in the Lord; draw your strength from Him. Put on God's whole armour, that you may be able successfully to stand up against all the strategies and deceits of the devil.

Galatians 5:1 In freedom Christ has made us free (and completely liberated us); stand fast then, and do not be hampered and held ensnared and submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Galatians 5:16 But I say, walk and live (habitually) in the Holy Spirit (responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit); then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh.

And here's a great one...
Philippians 4:6-7 Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known before God. And God's peace which transcends all understanding shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

I just read Darlene's blog, at
and she talked about the same scripture and theme. Although sometimes we have physical things that come against us in a big way, a lot of the time our battle is in our minds! At those times, the Bible reminds us that GOD is our strong tower, our refuge, and our help in times of need. So, even as I preach to myself here, if you are also going through a battle of the mind, draw your strength from the Lord, stand fast in HIM, and remind yourself that He is the one who will help you to stay free from bondage. You can't do it in your own strength, or with your willpower alone. And lastly, when those thoughts start getting to you all over again, remember to pray and praise, and leave your cares and burdens in His hands.

So Father God, I thank you for your grace. I thank you that YOU are my help in times of need, my peace, my HOPE. And above all, you are my Father; you have declared that I am good enough for you to love and even delight in!, because Jesus paid the price for me to receive your love! Father, I have been struggling today with my confidence and sense of worth, but I'm reminding myself that you love me and see me as precious! I run to you. When my emotions are frail and I'm feeling weak, I am coming to you where I am safe. I ask that you will give me confidence and more strength to help me win over my struggles. You know what they are, you know what the roots of my problems are. Please reveal to me what things need to change, and what actions I need to take. And while I wait for further instructions, I'm going to rest. I'm not going to worry about my problems, and I'm not going to try to figure out what I should do (that never works!) I'm going to wait for you and trust in you! So thank-you Father for the peace that has settled in my spirit even now as I've written this prayer. Help me to remember to hand things over to you always. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Thank you dear friends for sharing in this prayer time with me. I hope you have done your own form of giving things over to God today! If not, I've gotta say, I highly recommend it!
Have a blessed and worry-free week!
Much love in Christ,


5 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

I'm praying for your struggle today.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! That's what I call wearing your heart on your sleeve. Bless you for your boldness to share your real life Christian struggles with the world!

Juliet Fieldew said...

Thanks girls for your encouragement!

Anonymous said...

I noticed from your profile that you sale MonaVie. I just ran into a woman at a women's conference over the weekend that was going on and on about this product! I will have to check out your link.

Ms. Kathleen said...

I know God is with you as are all of us, your sisters in Christ. I have been where you are and it is not easy but "with Christ you can do all things!"

God Bless you this day and have a blessed rest of the month!