Saturday, February 23, 2008

The new game plan...


Hello again everyone! Well, it's time I spilled the beans about my new game plan to lose 25kg this year, and adopt a permanent healthy lifestyle in the process!
Last week, after a whole lot of reading and feeding my spirit, I came up with the following commitment to myself. I've pasted it here without further editing, so this will be a very long post, but here you have it... this is what sits on my study wall and also resides in my handbag, for me to consult whenever I feel weak or tempted!

To lose 25kg by the end of 2008, and maintain a permanent healthy lifestyle, I commit to:

Ø Continuing to drink 4-5 bottles of water per day.

Ø Consistently choosing healthy options for my meals and snacks.

Ø Restricting and keeping a careful watch over the amounts of unhealthy foods I consume each week.* (Right now, a set limit of 10 UF per week.)

Ø Being consistent with exercising a minimum of 4 times per week.

Ø Putting in due effort when I exercise, and increasing the intensity or duration as my body adjusts.

Ø Ensuring I have adequate sleep on most nights.

Ø Maintaining good nutrition.

Ø Having regular dental and medical checkups.

Ø Addressing stress and worry whenever I am being affected by them.


And when I am feeling weak, tempted, or unable to continue these positive behaviours, I commit to:

Ø Going to God as my Source.

Ø Seeking the support & counsel of godly friends and leaders.

Ø Reading Joyce’s books on this issue, reading other articles and listening to messages to bolster my faith and strengthen me to continue on!

Ø Diverting from temptation and abstaining from negative behaviours until I have gone to these supports.


Statement:

I will not comfort eat, I will seek comfort from God my source, and support from my Resources. (people, books, messages, etc.)

So there you go, that's my game plan for weight loss and a healthy lifestyle in 2008. I've kept most of my commitment this week, although I allowed a bit of slackness on the food choices at times, simply because it was my birthday week. Never mind; tally ho, people... onward we go into a new non-birthday week, and we're going to do our darndest to make sure that we live well! Thanks for your comments and support everyone... I'm believing for great change and personal improvement this year!
God bless!




P.S. I am an


Click here to view my personality report! (Reasonably accurate...)
My personalDNA Report

2 comments:

Macchiatto said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your encouraging comment! :) I admire your commitment to living well! Stay the course; it will be worth it!! :)

Faith said...

Love your blog! Thanks for the sweet comment on mine. :)