Thursday, February 21, 2008

Moms for Modesty


Hello Beautiful People... (Sorry Pastor Shane, I borrowed your line!)
I've just spent the past hour chomping through a dozen or so blogs, and I've found a few more purposeful women! The most challenging thing I found was an agreement about boycotting revealing fashions for our darling daughters. Although it's not something we've been faultless in, this is something that has concerned my husband and I for quite some time. I've posted the agreement here to continue to challenge us. If you wish to add your name to the statement, you can go to http://momsformodesty.blogspot.com/ , but note you will need a blog url to be able to do this. Even so, it's worth a visit to the page to reaffirm why it is important to encourage modest dress in our daughters, and also to remind ourselves that it's the way to go!

Moms for Modesty Mission Statement
(BTW, it's Mum, here in Australia!)
  • As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
  • I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
  • I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
  • I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
  • I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.
Changing trains here, (of thought, that is!), I know last post I promised you that I would spill the beans on my plans and commitments for change in my life! Unfortunately for you (and me) it is now 11:23p.m., and one clause of my commitment states "I will ensure I have adequate sleep on most nights." So I'm afraid I will have to leave you hanging on... (I feel a song coming on!) until next post.
Sweet dreams everyone,
J.
(P.S. Apologies to all graphics minded people for the low res image... it's bugging me a bit too.)

No comments: