Wednesday, April 2, 2008

From Bologna to Burnout???


Yes, we came back from Bologna, a while ago, actually. Things have been really hectic in my life lately, but I thought I'd better give a brief comment on my recent armchair travel experiment. I decided, as it's a bit beyond our budget to hop on a plane and explore faraway places, that we could have a pretend vacation, so I made up a powerpoint presentation of all the sights we might visit if we were to actually go to Bologna (see my previous post for more background on that!)
I have to say, my enthusiasm was met with mixed reactions. My younger two girls were excited, and thought they would like to have a go presenting a travel destination at some stage too. My somewhat less than enthused husband said it was "OK", and my darling 13 year old, who was a bit moody at the time, huffed "It's all just imaginary!" as she sat there with a junk mail catalogue over her face.
What's a mum to do???

But lo and behold, within a few days the easter school holidays were over, and it was back to the busyness of juggling work and school schedules again. Now the idea of armchair travel seems fanciful, when there's an immunisation course to complete, girls needing homework help and clean uniforms, and dishes piling in the sink! I jumped over to Stacey's blog, at "The Truest Thing", and found some very thought provoking posts on overload- doing too much, stressing too much, etc.
I have to admit, I am in that place right now. I've found myself both unwell and in tears several times over the past two weeks. I know some things have to go, but I'm not sure what... or how. Naturally, I feel like throwing in the towel, actually, all of them at once, but I know that's not a very good place to be making decisions from, so I'm just asking God for guidance at this point. As I press on taking one day at a time, with lots of ginger, garlic, and honey & lemon drinks, I'm believing that God will help me to achieve some much needed balance in my life!

In the quietest of times, though, I'm lifting up my soul to God, and drawing strength from singing this little song. If you know the tune, sing it for a bit too, and it will encourage you too.
Have a great week everyone!

He's all I need, He's all I need.
Jesus is all I need.
He's all I need, He's all I need.
Jesus is all I need.

I take Him now, I take Him now,
For all that I need.
I take Him now, I take Him now,
For all that I need.

4 comments:

God's girl said...

Great song!
Blessings,
Angela

Ms. Kathleen said...

I pray the Lord lifts you up and gives you his strength...You are on the right track...He is ALL we need. Nothing more. God Bless!

Darlene Schacht said...

it's been too long since we have sung that in church. Those are beautiful words.

Juliet Fieldew said...

Thanks ladies for your encouragement. Yes it has been a long time since we sang that in church. It's uplifting and strengthening to dig the old songs out of the memory banks and sing them all over again! Especially the ones about the cross and the blood! Let the blood of calvary speak for me!!