Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Small steps...


Hello again everyone, I hope you're having a smashing week (as they would say in an Enid Blyton story- did any of you read these??)

I just read this little tip on the Live Well site:

Take some steps today, if only a few, and tomorrow you’ll be that much closer to your goal.

(Wish the nice green text box it was in had come along for the ride too, but it wasn't to be!)
But what a good reminder for me!! I feel like all I am taking is small steps these days with my journey to being slim and healthy (my ankle is still hassling, so I'm not doing any major exercise), but guess what, it has paid off anyway!! I have gone down on the scales by about .6kg (about 1.3lbs)- not much, but something, so I'm on my way!!

Things are starting to get hectic again (doesn't take long, does it!), so I have been asking God to guide me in my choices, and help me be more fruitful in what I do. To that end, I'm keeping this short and sweet today, because I've got a few tasks needing my attention. :o)

Keep up the efforts everyone, and remember, every little step forward counts, but so do the backward ones, so keep asking God to guide you, and when He does... LISTEN!

God bless, and keep moving forward!
- Juliet.

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Good news! A pound or so a week is good. I have been having some problems with my ankle. I think I have a stress fracture. It doesn't bother me too much walking, mostly when I get up from a sitting position or from squatting. I think it is when it first bears the weight. Anyway, I walked today and I got in some jeans that I hadn't worn yet. I'm looking forward to seeing less of you next week(weight wise).
Mama Bear

Tammy said...

Yup, step by step we can each do it knowing God walks step by step with us!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Darlene Schacht said...

Love the "little steps" reminder. 1.3 pounds is heavier than a pound of butter. Imagine one of those sitting on your lap--now imagine it gone! That's you!! :)

God's girl said...

Yeah any loss is good girl! Keep it up.
Blessings,
Angela