Monday, January 7, 2008

Well hello there!

Hello and happy 2008 to all! So begins my first ever web log, with a salutation ("hello", for those who haven't seen Charlotte's Web), and a determination- to not be the same in 2008!
In May last year, I was challenged by this idea at Adore, our church's annual womens' conference. Pastor Jane Evans spoke these words at the final meeting: "But what a shame, what a complete tragedy it would be, if we were to come to Adore '08, the same as we were in Adore '07." This statement struck a chord within me, and I was determined to change, to win my battles rather than to continue accepting defeat.
This picture is a reminder to me, to all of us, to keep running toward the goal, keep fighting, persist, don't give time to the voices in your head that say that you can't, you won't win. Norman Vincent Peale's mother told him "You can if you think you can!" And as he grasped this belief, he turned from a defeated, droopy young man into a world changer! We can if we think we can!

So what, you ask, are these battles I am facing? Well, same as many, the first one is to lose weight and adopt a permanent healthy lifestyle, both physically and spiritually. I mentioned this first because of the obvious references to this on the rest of the page- my weight loss ticker, and the Live Well motivation box. Also, I want to overcome old fears which hinder me from achieving financial freedom. I promote a great product and an amazing company and payment plan, yet still my own thoughts and self doubts get in the way and make it hard for me to have confidence when I talk to people about them. Woa, being rather open here on the world-wide-web, but I'm sure there are 1000's out there who can relate to this too. :o)
So in 2008, I want to to win some battles, and strangely, I'm inviting you along for the ride! I'm looking forward to an amazing '08, and believing I will indeed be a different person by the end of it, and even by the Adore conference in May. To facilitate my (our?) transformation, at the end of each post, I will add an inspirational quote, a scripture, or a self-evaluation question to help us on our way. So for today:
"The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing you have always done, but expecting a different result." What behaviour will I change this week to help me achieve my desired result?
Keep on kickin' goals! :o) Juliet.

2 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

Awesome motivation, and Pastor Jane was wise--I love it!! Thanks for the invitation, because I'm ready to walk this journey with you. I hope you join in on Wednesday with Live Well again, as I'm sure that many of the other girls will be back in the swing of things then too.

Juliet Fieldew said...

Thanks Darlene, will do!