Monday, May 4, 2009

God is good, and that's ALL THE TIME!

This week I have been having a bit of pain which we think is due to inflammation of the cartilage which joins my ribs together- pain around the sternum, radiating to my back either side of my upper spine. Before you get in a tizz though, let me assure you that we've checked out my heart, and all is well. This has all been a bit of a "pain", and has halted my gymming efforts. But on the finance front, we are forging ahead, and God is splashing out His blessing on the whole thing!

On Monday I asked my boss for an extra day's work so we can save for a house, and he was very agreeable about it, and said I could pick up the extra day as soon as I wanted to!
But at the end of the week, he also asked about my starting hours (I start at 9.30a.m. because I live about 45 minutes drive away, and have to get the kids to school). I said I'd thought of starting earlier, but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to consistently make it there at 9a.m. My boss' response:
"Try to come in earlier if you can, we'll continue to book your appointments from 9.30, and whenever you get in earlier, you can claim the extra half hour."
That is amazing! I was just gob-smacked at God- how GOOD He has been to me!! So instead of earning 20 hours' pay a week, I will be now earning between 25 - 27.5 hours! GOD IS GOOD!! It really shows me that He is behind me making this step to change our financial management- He is FOR ME!
It has caused me to be thinking of one of my most favourite scriptures: Jeremiah 29:11-
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Listen to this verse and it's fellows, as they are expressed in The Message Bible. Don't you feel so secure and loved as you read this?
Our God is kind and loving towards us. He's not harsh and judgmental!

Jer 29:11-14 in The Message:
"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen.
When you come looking for me, you'll find me.
Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed.
I'll turn things around for you. I'll bring you back from all the countries into which I drove you. I'll bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile. You can count on it."

I hope YOU enjoy the goodness of our God this week!

In Him,

6 comments:

Technonana said...

Hi Juliet!!
Thanks for coming by to visit!!
What wonderful things God is doing in your lives!!! I too love this verse, and The Message, well, I love it!!
Keep spreading the news of His goodness, Sweet One, God inhabits the praises of His people!!
Blessings My Friend!
Love,
Sharon

Juliet Fieldew said...

Thanks Sharon! I love to share comments with you!!

Love Bears All Things said...

I love those verses. Sometimes we forget that God already has it figured out if we just trust Him instead of going on with our own plans. He is Good! He has always come through for us in the hard times, and like you, it blows me away how He does that. What a wonderful Boss you have. Keep the faith and God will deliver.
Blessings,and healing,
Mama Bear

From the Heart said...

What a wonderful praise report. My recent post is a poem "A Plan for You" by W. J. Goodman. I used the same verse you used. God is so good to His children.
Blessings,
AliceE.

Denise said...

Such great verses, praying your pain goes away.

From the Heart said...

Just came by to say hi and make sure you are okay.
Will keep you in my prayers and pray you are feeling better.
From my heart to yours,
AliceE.